Setup -> Location
Displays a set of parameters to specify location and timezone information
for which topocentric calculations and time displays are performed.
Each parameter may be entered manually or filled from the selections in
the scrolled list on the right. Scroll to, then tap the desired entry to
fill the parameters automatically. Either way, when the parameters are set as
desired, tap OK to install them. Tap X to dismiss the dialog
without making any changes.
- Name can be any short descriptive text.
- Lat is the geographic latitude of the site, as D M S postive north.
- Long is the longitude, as D M S postive west.
- Elev is the height above sea level, in meters.
- TZ is the POSIX description of the timezone name, offset and
the rules for when daylight savings time begins and ends.
Add to List: If your location is not
already in the list, enter the parameters then tap this button and it will be
added to the list for next time. Note this is different from the Location
Preferences which saves the values of the
parameters themselves. Saving them
with the Preferences system allows that one location to be automatically
installed when PSC is started; adding the location to the list does not.